The average person suffers through 2- 4 colds per year and approximately 20% of Americans will be infected with the flu.
Let’s take a fresh look at cold and flu season, and how You can help prevent these illnesses.
Common Cold: symptoms usually include sore throat, alternately runny and congested nose, coughing, sneezing, and sometimes a slight fever.
Flu: symptoms are usually more uncomfortable and intense. They can include any combination of fever, soreness in the muscles, headache, nasal symptoms, cough, diarrhea and vomiting.
- Wash your hands often with hot water and soap.
- Frequently clean worktop surfaces, phones and keyboards.
- Change your home's air filter.
- Avoid touching your face during cold season.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Don’t come into close contact with people who may be ill.
- Keep your immune system strong by eating a healthy antioxidant-rich diet and getting plenty of rest.
- Supplement your diet with a natural fruit & plant-based liquid multivitamin and delayed release, vegetable capsule probiotics.