Are you looking for vitamins that are easy to take and are great tasting? Then gummy vitamins might be a good option for you and your family. But, before you purchase the often advertised cheap gummy vitamin option, make sure you compare the ingredients.
Many of the gummies on the market have very little vitamin and mineral content in them and too much sugar. Some even have high fructose corn syrup in them. So, here are seven things to look for when comparing gummy vitamins.
- Are they gelatin-based or pectin-based gummy vitamins? Gelatin is typically made from boiled animal skin and bones (Yuk, pigs and cows).Go Healthy Natural uses citrus pectin (vegetarian) as the base in our gummy vitamins. Citrus pectin is a natural fiber that helps the body absorb the vitamins and minerals. Pectin also has a higher melting point than gelatin, which means our gummies won’t clump together in the bottle. Also, we use a proprietary slow-cook method which produces a softer gummy that won’t stick to your teeth.
- Are they made in a Kosher and Halal certified facility? Many of the gummyvitamin brands are not Kosher or Halal certified. Go Healthy Natural Gummy vitamins are Kosher and Halal approved.
- Are they animal-based or fruit-based gummy vitamins? Many of the gummy vitamin brands use the disgusting cheap animal by products made using pig or cow skin and bones. Go Healthy Natural is the Vegetarian’s choice using natural citrus fruit pectin.
- Are they allergy friendly and is the facility they are made in allergy friendly? Many gummy vitamin brands contain a number of allergens such as gelatin, gluten, soy, sulfites, peanuts, tree nuts or are made in facilities that also manufacture some of these allergens. Some contain carnauba wax, which is great for your car shine, but I’m not sure about if it is good to digest. Go Healthy Natural Gummy Vitamins are Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Gelatin Free, Vegetarian, Peanut and Tree Nuts Free with All-Natural Colors, Flavors and Preservatives. They do not contain milk, eggs, yeast, wheat (gluten), soy, fish or shellfish and are produced in a nut-free GMP-certified facility.
- Are they easy to take and do they taste great? Many of the gummy vitamins on the market do not taste great and also stick to your teeth. Some brands make you take 6 or 8 gummies per daily serving. Several gummy vitamins clump together and have a bad chemical after taste. Go Healthy Natural Gummy Vitamins taste like real fruit and don’t stick to your teeth. We use real fruits (strawberry, orange & raspberry) with a bit of natural cane sugar (less than 4 grams per serving). Our typical serving is just two gummy vitamins per day.
- Are they affordable? Many of the gummy vitamin brands are extremely cheap because they use cheap ingredients and don’t contain many vitamins and minerals. Go Healthy Natural gummy vitamins are not the cheapest brand, but offer the best value for quality, price and efficacy.