Mounting research has suggested that the bacteria living in your digestive system plays an important role in your immune system and overall health.
Here are 5 physical health conditions that have been associated with imbalances of the Microbiota:
1. Obesity & Diabetes - A number of studies have linked instability in the gut microbiome to obesity and obesity-related health issues.
2. Colon Cancer - Sugar-loving microbes in the gut, along with the carbs that feed them, can fuel colon cancer. High carbohydrate diets may even be contributing to the rise of colon cancer.
3. Rheumatoid Arthritis - Studies have found a link between low levels of certain good gut bacteria, high levels of unhealthy Prevotella copri bacteria, and autoimmune joint disease.
4. Crohn's Disease - Abnormally high levels of certain bacteria strains may be present when Crohn's Disease develops, possibly triggering an atypical immune response.
5. Ulcerative Colitis - Imbalances in gut flora may be a main factor in both the onset and continuing symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis.
6. Irritable Bowel Syndrome - There is a definitive link between IBS and an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestines.
(Sources: WebMD, Oxford University & Huffington Post)
+ Many healthcare professionals recommend supplementing your daily diet with Natural Prebiotics & Probiotics (10-12 Billion CFUs) in the form of a delayed release vegetable capsule.
+ Choose multiple strains that are already prevalent in your digestive tract: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum, are some that are recommended.
+ Select a Moisture Resistant, Oxygen Absorbing, Desiccant Bottle.
+ Shop for 100% Vegetarian, No Animal Derivatives, Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Non-Dairy, Yeast Free and Allergy Friendly Natural Probiotic.
+ So, next time you shop for Probiotics, don't be fooled by the hype of huge numbers (CFUs & Strains). instead, read the other ingredients, check for the type of strains, the type of packaging, and make sure they are shelf stable. Listen to your gut!